Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 4; Mi Familia & Su Casa!

Yesterday's post was about Vina del Mar and Valparaiso. What I did not talk about was that I also met my family for the first time. I decided not to overload you too much in one day. With that being said, I would like to take today's post and make it all about them! So, around 6 pm, on Sunday evening, our plane arrived in Concepcion, Chile. We grabbed our luggage and our families were waiting for us. After we met and put my luggage in the car, they took me on a tour of Concepcion. Next, we went to their house. They gave me a tour of their house, and took me up upstairs to my bedroom. Heres a few pictures of my room and the view from my window down below:





For those of you that know me, you know I love everything about houses and always have. In fact, I used to draw floor plans of houses as a child, buy books of floor plans (of which I still have all of), and have highly considered becoming a realtor as a part time job in the summers of teaching. Furthermore, when I came to Chile, one of the many things I really found an interest in were the different styles of homes, all unique in their very own way. My host mom told me that they designed their house. It is a five bedroom, 3-4 bathroom home, and it is absolutely stunning. The granite countertops are so beautiful, and they match the granite breakfast table. They have a dining room table that has 10 seats around it, and a "sun" room area. The windows are huge, and we are right across the street from a park. In the front yard, there is an adorable German Shepard named Tammy. She is so sweet. In the back yard, there is a pool and a garden. Needless to say, the house is PERFECT. Not to mention, it is gated, has barb-wire fencing around the top, cameras on the outside, and an alarm system. For those of you who were nervous for my safety in another country- there's really no need!

The family consists of Hector (dad), Cristina (mom), Constanza (16), Sebastian (14), and Angela (10). Hector is a Chemical Engineer that works in the refinery and Cristina is a Civil Engineer. Constanza and Angela both go to the Thomas Jefferson School, but Sebastian has transferred to a different school in downtown Concepcion. The family has a nanny and her name is Patti. I am so blessed to be staying with this family, as they make me feel so welcome. Although they don't seem to think so, they have great English speaking skills, and they are really good at teaching me Spanish. I will post a picture of them soon enough! Until then, mis amigas!

No comments:

Post a Comment