Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 1; The Beginning of My Adventure!



Yesterday, at 2:30pm, Teej dropped me off at the Dayton International Airport. We said our goodbyes, and we didn't even cry. However, I miss him and my pups soooo much already. Now, enough of this sappy stuff and back to my adventure. 
This right here, was the first plane I had ever been on in my entire life! As I was boarding, I felt my heart start to beat faster and faster, I was so nervous... I didn't know what to expect. As we approached the runway, I began to laugh hysterically... you know, like the laugh you get when you are so nervous you are about to cry? Yeah, that one. Well, then we started to speed up, and apparently I hyperventilated (according to my friends)... Eh, glad I could make them laugh. :) I think what was most scary was the fact that I had absolutely no control; and for those of you who know me, you know I am a control freak! Anyway, while up in the air, these were some of my thoughts: "What were all of those noises?", "Why does it feel like the wings are gonna fall off the plane?", "Why is the plane shaking so much?" Eventually, I got used to the way a plane works, and I actually really enjoy flying. It brings me much peace and relaxation. 





We landed in Dallas, Texas for our layover and then boarded a HUGE plane to Chile! This flight was an overnight flight and it was approximately 11 hours long. We were served a tasty dinner, as well as breakfast, and the flight was much smoother. With that being said, I didn't sleep too well. The space was crammed and it was incredibly too hot for my liking. At about 8am, we landed in Chile! I loved seeing the mountains from the plane! Absolutely beautiful!!! We went through customs, and met our tour guide Victor. You will get to see those pictures next! Adios amigos! -Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. That you get to have such an amazing experience. You of all people truly deserve this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, you are the sweetest! XOXO

    ReplyDelete