Next, Victor dropped us off at our hotel. Our hotel was right in the middle of the city! The views were incredible, and my favorite part of it all: THE POOL ON THE ROOFTOP!!! It was the most incredible thing I had seen. Check it out for yourself:
My favorite part of Chile so far is the gardens and parks that are everywhere!!! There were even plants going up the sides of buildings! Ah, I literally cannot express how much I love plants. Another thing that really made me smile was how down to Earth and polite people are here. It seemed like no one was running on a clock, because everyone was so relaxed. People in Chile love nature and the outdoors. They are also very affectionate with one another- sometimes a little too affectionate for public... But hey, who am I to judge? Showing love is a good thing. :) The language barrier is very interesting! Most people do not speak English, so communication was a bit of a challenge. Luckily, I had my friend Natalie to help me translate. I am learning so many Spanish words though- its so much fun. Also, I have gotten really good at prices and money exchange. Currently, for every US dollar, it is equal to 618 Pesos. I loved calculating money the whole day, yeah... I'm a weirdo like that. One thing that is kind of sad is the amount of stray dogs running around. I want to take them all home, but I know I can't. Makes me miss my pups that much more. I have PLENTY more pictures, including the Chilean military doing a ceremony to switch out guards, the biggest Roman Catholic church in the whole country, and the cool architecture of the buildings. They are all on my actual camera, so I will be sure to upload those as soon as I get home! My overall thought- It's incredible to see what places are like other than the US. I never thought I would be one to travel outside of the US, but this has completely opened my eyes! God is such a magnificent creator! Buenas noches! -Ashley




















No comments:
Post a Comment