Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My career choice...

So mid January, I felt like I had been struggling to stay afloat in my teaching career. My main concern was managing my time well in the classroom. In all honesty, our reading program has WAY too much content, and it can be really stressful trying to fit it all in under the time given each day. Not only that, but the time also depends on how the students react to the tasks given. Sometimes reteaching is the only option, because it would be foolish to continue on when the class doesn't understand what they need to in order to move to the next concept. After a few weeks of teaching on my very own, I feel like I am gaining control back, and improving more and more. 

Also, I am proud to say that I was nominated for an award for being an "outstanding student teacher". It is extra paperwork that I have to do, and only one person in the state of Ohio will win, but I am soooooo excited that I was even nominated by Wright State. I have had a few people come in and observe me teaching, and I have been told by many people that I am doing very well and they are really impressed with my ability to control my class at such an early stage in my teaching career. These compliments really do make me smile and I truly believe I am in the right career field. I cannot think God enough for the gift He has given me.

Today, I am still working on time management, flexibility, and letting go of control in the classroom. It will forever be a learning experience, but I am ready for the challenge. I was born to be a teacher and I will continue my passion as an educator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment